Pages

Sunday 24 March 2019

Rome (March 2019)


"In the beginning
was the Word,
And the Word
was with God,
And the Word
was God"


God gave you,
The words
And the authority
To trap me?
To control me?
To kill me?


For I am
Your ancestral spirit,
I live deep down inside,
All of it,
Beyond any one life,
I live in the moment,


I am the beast,
The reflexes you fear,
You pretend not to know me,
But I am watching,
Waiting,
To make my move,


I am the light
The fire that is burning
In your life
The eternal flame
As old as Rome
And His Vestal Virgins


You are waiting,
For me too,
You will show me,
Love and kindness,
And then,
You will undress,


Exposing
Your tender flesh,
Your marbled skin,
To the flame,
And I,
I might eat you,


In that moment,
We will be one,
The Father,
Via the Son,
And His Holy Spirit,
And so, His work endures.

No comments:

Post a Comment